- Climb lots of other mountains first, the kind with snow at the top
- Start now, life will only get busier and your ability acclimatize decreases with age
- Be prepared to climb a couple of them twice. I was fortunate to summit each on my first try, this is rare
- Read Into Thin Air, Freedom of the Hills
- Buddy-up with a climbing partner who shares your values and ambitions
- Cost will exceed $100k. To raise sponsorship dollars you must identify why you’re “above the fold”
- You can do the 7 unguided, privately guided or with a large commercial guiding service. Good commercial guides: Alpine Ascents, Jagged Globe, Adventure Consultants. Good private guides: Exploradus and Evan Howe
Got questions? . We’ll talk.